Saturday, April 24, 2010

World Tai Chi and Qigong Day

Today was World Tai Chi and Qigong Day. Glennon and I drove for an hour and fifteen minutes from Delavan to Kenosha in a pounding rain ("now THAT'S what I call rain!") It could have been a nicer day weather-wise, but at least we had a nice indoor venue: the Kenosha Public Museum, home of the Schaefer mammoth. My teacher #2, Ron Pfeiffer of Midwest Tai Chi and Self Defense in Burlington was the host. Here are some pictures:




We are doing "Tai Chi for Arthristis" which is a Paul Lam modification of Sun style Tai Chi. Notice the guy in front is doing his move a little differently than the rest of the folks. Heh heh, that's me.




There would have been a beautiful view of the lake through those windows. I think this shows the "73 form," the original Sun Lutang style.




A "brush knee" from the arthritis form.



Hmm.. this might be part of "Jade Lady Works Her Shuttle" Sun style. Notice how that guy in the middle is guarding his forehead in Yang style while the rest of the folks have a Sun style block going on. Maybe I should have practiced Sun style a little more this week!


Anyway, it was great fun and I hope some of the onlookers got inspired to try Tai Chi!

1 comment: